Increase the visibility of the Path to 100% initiative and establish Wärtsilä as a subject matter expert on the transition to 100% renewable power.
Wärtsilä is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximizes the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2018, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 5.2 billion with approximately 19,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 80 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki.
Wärtsilä believes so strongly that a 100% renewable future is possible, that they launched an initiative called the Path to 100%, looking at viable, research-based strategies that can help shorten the time it takes cities, states and nations to reach their renewable goals.
Piper Communications developed key messaging for Path to 100% events, social media, the Path to 100% website and articles to promote the expertise of community experts and Wärtsilä thought leaders. Media relations includes ongoing pitching and outreach based on organizational events and renewable energy developments. Branding efforts are applied to every platform and thoughtfully implemented into content creation, which includes the “Pathway to 100%: A practical approach to decarbonizing the electricity sector”, which was developed by Piper Communications to summarize how policy makers, industry partners and interested stakeholders can reach their renewable energy goals.
- Redesigned Path to 100% website
- Introduction of the Community of Experts through monthly Q&A’s and Blogs
- Increase in social media engagement on Path to 100% platforms and for Wärtsilä thought leaders
- Appeared in 57 original news stories and counting
- Drafted and placed 5 guest columns and counting
- Promotion of Path to 100% research through media interviews, policy maker interactions, events and online resources